Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav

Sorry about not posting the last couple of days. The title says it all. Worry and stress whether I made the right choice to stay are not muses for me. Also obsessive watching of the weather channel, local station, and going on the Internet to check the two hurricane sites I trust take up a lot of time and energy. I stayed home and in preparation started going through the refrigerator to eat all the perishables and freezer items. Over the course of three days I had two bacon and egg breakfasts (I usually average 1 every 2 months). One with English fry bread and one with grits. I made sandwiches from the ham roast and a one skillet meal (no great shakes) that I had a coupon for. I also noshed on home made cracklins and some blue cheese. This morning I made a sort of hash scrambled eggs dish with the last of the ham roast, some canned potatoes, sun dried tomatoes, chipotle peppers and eggs. Not the best looking stuff but quite tasty. Barring the intervention of Ivan things should be getting back to normal. I have some backlog from before the storm that I will post in the next couple of days.

No comments: