Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike

The meals following the hunker down were simple and straightforward. An effort to bring the frig down to items that could survive for a few days. I had bought some frozen biscuits. A couple of them with butter and Steen's cane syrup along with my cafe au lait made up breakfast. With the rest I made sandwiches with some Eddy's smoked brisket one day and Rabideaux smoked venison sausage the other. Somewhere along the line I sauteed some sweetbreads. The power outage never came for me. I breathed a sigh of relief because if it had lasted more than three days I would have had to dispose of 100 lbs of hog meat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You must be so glad your power held. Good luck!

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

Thank you. I am extremely glad and lucky