Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Special

This is something I do on a fairly regular basis. It really has no recipe just depends on what I have although I do not do if I do not have certain items. It is not picture worthy but delicious. This Sunday it went like this. About a tablespoon of lard (rendered by my cousin making cracklins from our pig. I usually render two thick slices of bacon) heated in a skillet. I added three 5" corn tortillas cut into strips and about 2 oz of smoked brisket bruniosed. While those crisped up I whisked up 3 eggs, 1 tbs of nuoc cham, 1 tsp of chipotle paste, 1 tbs of dehydrated trinity with garlic, 2 sun dried tomatoes julienned, and about 1/2 cup of taco blend cheese. When satisfied the strips were crispy, put the egg mixture into the pan and scrambled them until still wet but ready to go dry. Plated and put a tequila green chile salsa on it.

I also made quesadillas with the debris cheek meat.

I am in a review deadline mode and have being going to restaurants that I am reviewing so little activity for the blog. Wednesday I will be posting the reviews and pictures for the review that came out in Lagniappe last week.

No comments: