Tuesday, June 30, 2009

El Tapatio

After my doctor's appointment and buying some new crutches, it was bordering on 3 PM. I did not want to go home and fix something because I have been doing that for about 2 weeks now. Most of the plate lunch places are closed by then but a few independents stay open through the afternoon. Pho Tien is one but I did not want to go across town. Another is El Tapatio just around the corner from me. I did not want the usual stuff. Too hot for carnitas and I was spiced out from Donald Links rice dishes so did not feel like Coctel de Camerone. I did want shrimp but not the fried Chimichanga. I finally decided. I first went with a favorite of mine Chile Rellenos. Looking at it you would think it is stuffed with beef or chicken, not. Here it is about the pepper with a cheese accent. A stick of cheese not too much stuffed in the pepper and then fried with an egg white batter served with El Tapatio sauce. Perfection. The pepper today had a little spice just enough to excite the taste buds

I decided on a Shrimp Quesdilla. Marinated shrimp griddled with green bell pepper and onions then put in a flour tortilla with cheese and griddled again served with sour cream, tomato and lettuce.
A peak inside after I slathered it with sour cream. The shrimp were tender, juicy, and flavorful. This made for a lovely light repast. I left quite sated and happy

I consider this the best Mexican restaurant in town and they are busy busy even without an alcohol license even though they are trying again.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where is this place?

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

2624 Highway 14/ Gerstner Memorial
475-9022

Just south of the Burger King. There is a tire store between them and the cigarette store is just south.