Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fried Oyster and Bacon Sandwich (Donald Link)

Ingredients below
Oysters fried, bacon done, bread toasted, tomato sliced, lettuce ready

Finished product
While not to bad looking it was wrong on many levels. All my fault. From the lousy bacon that the slaughter house cured, to using a rosemary foccacia, to not frying the oyster at the proper temperature it should have tasted lousy. Actually it was not bad. I cannot imagine how much better a properly executed one would taste. I will definitely do a remake. I am going to have to shut down doing stuff for the next week and half because my boss is going on vacation and I will have to put longer hours at the restaurant. I am sure the stress level will preclude any cooking on my part. I do have a few more recipes I want to try so I will return


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but that bacon's burnt. And Miracle Whip?

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

That is how the bacon that was cured by the slaughter house comes out. As for the Miracle Whip it has been modified with chipotle in adobo and nuoc cham. Giving it a sweet, salty, spicy, and tangy balance that I love