Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Buttermilk Ice Cream (Donald Link)

Here is the buttermilk ice cream as promised.

Below is the ingredients. Note no eggs.
I made a half batch basically because I only had enough cream for a half batch. Worked out well as my ice cream maker could not have handled a full batch
The machine doing its magic

Afterward a sojourn in the freezer. I showed the result in the buttermilk pie post. I liked this ice cream. It had a slight tang to it and it was more like gelato. I have plans for this as it is simple to make. I have some cherry flavored cocoa powder. That is next. I think fruit would do nice in this also. We shall see.

2 comments:

Danno said...

I made this recipe as well. Wonderful flavor that I think is a great a la mode for fresh fruit or a fruit pie or cake.

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

Have to agree with you on that one Danno. I am glad you like my puny efforts. You do such a better job both on the food and photos