Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BBQ Pit Stop

I love a hamburger that has been BBQ or smoked. This place does a really good one. As you can see a nice size patty with green leaf lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mayo, mustard and BBQ sauce. The taste is wonderful. The smoky meat meeting the tangy mustard and spicy sauce.

Ok I took lots of pictures but never could get on in focus. This is the best of a bad lot but I think you can see what I am getting at. The reddish pink on the burger is not undercooked meat but a smoke ring. I love it. I would rather eat smoked hamburger than any other kind. When I work at the mill in DeRidder and commuted back and forth there was convenience store/BBQ joint just north of Sam Houston Jones Parkway at the curve. This is where I developed the taste for these. They did killer ones and whenever I did not feel like cooking I would stop on the way back and pick some up.




No comments: