Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pork Liver Pate

I found a somewhat unusual recipe for a liver pate. I as usual adapted for my own use. The follow are the ingredients. First of hog lard from the pig I bought. Then chopped onions, f0llowed by the hog liver. Some fig wine I had in the frig and last the unusual component blue cheese.





After sauteing the onions and liver they went into the food processor. Pan was deglazed with the fig wine and reduced then put in the processor. Then the blue cheese went in. This was taking the place of the heavy cream that normally goes in.

They all went for a spin and voila. A mousse like product that has a very distinctive taste. I actually like the combo of blue cheese and liver. So far I have only eaten on toast and such. However I think I am going to make a liver mousse tostado with refried beans. I will let you know how that turns out



No comments: