Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pronia's

I wanted to eat at the taco truck but they were out of the two proteins I was interested in so I begged off. I started think about what was in the area. Pronia's popped into my head. It has been years since I been there and so off I went. This is a 1/4 Eggplant Capri. On a in house bun I received slices of fried eggplant layered with mozzarella cheese and topped of with a spicy marinara. I love eggplant and this was a good sandwich for me. The tomato sauce add a nice touch. I was less impressed with the bun. I liked it better when they quartered a muffaletta loaf for the sandwiches. This bread does not have the heft of the loaf they used to use. A sandwich like this needs the sturdiness of that bread


I also got two of their lemon teacakes. In the last week or so I have had another teacake similar to this one. This is not the teacake of my youth. They were more cakey. The last two I have had have been very short to the point of being greasy with a coarse crumb like interior. Not bad but not what I think of as teacakes





No comments: