Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monday at True Mexican

Monday is Posole day at True Mexican this month. I love this hominy and pork soup and have made it myself several times in the past. I just had to try it here. You get the soup in a Styrofoam cup. I transferred it to a bowl. That is the picture below. I brought up some hominy and pork. I have a problem with shredded meat. I usually find it a bit tougher than cubed and dry. That pretty much held true here. What comes next was something I had never encountered but have been assured is standard procedure. Learn something new everyday


Posole evidently is like Pho in that it has accoutrements to add in. The refried black beans and rice are not those but the standard sides for any dish she serves. Below it you have lime, chopped raw onion, chopped lettuce and chopped radish. Interesting

I like the soup just as it is so I ate some of it before putting in the add ins. I just dump them in instead of trying a little of each. This did not make the best of it. If she runs this again I will experiment more. The combination of some of the soup being gone and everything into the diminished pool made something while edible was also a little off. However not off enough for me never to try it again.



If you want to try this you have only one Monday in the month to do so. I cannot wait to next month to see what she comes up with.


No comments: