Sunday, February 7, 2010

Cajun Singles

I do not know why they don't just call this scampi because that is what it is. Richard product seem to end up with an abundance of sauce. This is a good thing in this entree because the sauce is the winner here. A flavorful garlic butter sauce with a decent spice kick. Next time I get this I will make sure I score some decent bread to soak up the excess sauce.

I don not know why they call things creole when then they are straight cajun. While Richard's usually has extra liquid the Savoie people do it just right. The sauce soaks into the rice or noodles with little excess. That is fine with me as the flavor winds up there too where it should be. This one had a dark roux gravy with great spices that woke my mouth up. I was lucky to hit the jackpot on both of these. It is getting so I don't remember which ones I've had so excuse if I repeat


No comments: