Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kim Chau 6806 Long Point Rd # I Houston (713) 683-8277

This hole in the wall venue proved nice and cozy.  Basic family style cooking.  It was rather a blustery day so I got hot.  The brewing vessel was so unique I just had to take a picture.
Below is Bánh Bột Lộc / Chewy Rice Cake.   Pork and shrimp in tapioca flour steamed in banana leaves and served with a spicy fish sauce.  Boy were they chewy.  Nice flavor but not something I will get again.  When you try unfamiliar stuff you run the chance of it being not to your taste
Bún Tôm Nướng Rice Vermicelli with our grilled shrimp on a bed of fresh chopped veggies  As you can see the shrimp were boiled not grilled but other than that almost as good as my niece's bun.  On top shredded carrots, chopped peanut and fried shallots.  Then came the layer of rice noodles with lettuce, mint and cilantro on the bottom.  Pour in the spicy fish sauce to moisten and toss.  I liked it so much that I acquire another voucher when they did it again.  I am looking forward to Pho and Bunh Mi
Posted by Picasa
Kim Chau

No comments: