Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Katz 616 Westheimer Road Houston, TX 77006 (713) 521-3838

This is no hole in the wall. It is a new construction made to look old. It is a 24 hrs Jewish style deli.  I went at breakfast time so I got breakfast mostly.  Below is scrambled eggs with lox and onions with a potato cake and challa toast.  Not in the picture was tubs of sour cream and applesauce for the potato cake.  Since I adore smoked fish I ate this with relish.  The onion added a nice counterpoint for the salty smoked salmon.  The potato cake was lovely also
Below is Matzo Brei.  Matzo bread cooked like french toast.  The unleavened bead did not make such a great french toast.  Again I like to try new things or things that I have heard about.  Not always a success.
Sorry for the out of focus but this was cold beet soup with a dollop of sour cream and potatoes.  Actually quite delicious.  Have to like beets however.  The range of the menu was such I would return to try other stuff
Posted by Picasa
Katz

No comments: