Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cafe au Lait my way

The machine. A Senseo pod coffee maker but I bought something that allows me to use any coffee or loose tea I like to make my cup of coffee or mug of tea. This is it fully open ready to take the ducktail adapter. Push the middle button to heat the water. Button on one side for single pull and button on other for double pull, essentially cup or mug
My cafe au lait bowl with the proper level of milk. It goes into the microwave for a predetermined time to give a perfect scald to the milk. It brings it to the boiling point without boiling it over. Perfect for cafe au lait
The ducktail with two scoops of Union coffee. It is the best I have found for cafe au lait. It cost me a fortune but since I only indulge on the weekends a pound will last me at least six months. I keep it in an airtight container in the freezer.
The machine latched down and water and pressure being applied to the coffee. See the magic elixir flowing out.
Final product ready to drink. A nice relaxing bowl in about 3 minutes





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do you find Union coffee? I would love to try it!

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

rI found it on the internet. It cost as much in shipping as the price of the coffee. I know it is available in the new orleans area. So if you have a friend there get them to get you some.