Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Rosita's 2401 East Napoleon Street Sulphur, LA 70663-3702 (337) 533-9077

My traditional starter here. Probably one of the few things that is just enough for one person. They seem to be adding things to it. I loved it as just mayo and limed shrimp but now it has avocado, sour cream, and salsa made with serrano peppers. Therefore it is a little more spice. I like spice but not particularly in this. Will have to ask them them to hold the salsa. Otherwise it is just perfect especially the amount. A 4 or 5 bite appetizer to stimulate the appetite

Here is their menudo. The broth looks angry and spicy but it is actually pretty mild. I put the roasted tomatillo sauce in it to give it a kick. This one had pork shank bones, honeycomb tripe, another stomach tripe and posole. I enjoyed it to the very last drop. I cannot explain my liking for this except I have a love of certain textures that both the Chinese and Mexican people like and cook.
Here are the accompaniments. I usually use all the onion and lime and just part of the raw jalapeno along with only a little cilantro. This is the large and cost $9. A deal in my opinion. I got up well sated.





No comments: