Monday, March 14, 2011

Beck's Prime 2902 Kirby Drive Houston, TX 77098-1203 (713) 524-7085

This a Houston only chain that started out just serving burgers but has expanded it menu. I went to the original one. Very nice with a patio and hard wood floors inside. Counter service as expected. Trying to use up my Groupon I got a Parmesan Crisps Basket of Eight. Not what I expected. I was thinking it would be like a frico which is shredded cheese baked into a crisp. This was parmesan cheese baked on a piece of french bread. Quite good.
I do not know who Bill is but he has similar taste to mine. Bill’s Burger Sautéed Onions, Sliced Cheddar, Bacon, Jalapeños, Prime Sauce, Lettuce. The fresh cut fries were like most fresh cut fries I have eaten. Limp and greasy. Also not pictured is the lemonade I got. It was great
Below you can see all the richness of this burger. They do the thick patty to order. I went with medium rare and it varied between that and rare. I hear that med rare makes the patty juicier and this was certainly the case. It was mouthful. The bun held up. There was just enough jalapenos to make it interesting without blowing out your taste buds. However it was the onions and cheddar cheese that made my day. I would stop by this place often if I lived in Houston since most of them have drive-thrus

No comments: