Friday, July 30, 2010

Tacqueria del Sol in Houston

A couple of weekends ago I made a flying trip into Houston. I hit a couple of restaurants which I will review in Lagniappe in the future. I spent the night near Hobby and on the way out I ate my breakfast at this long time Houston Mexican. I had just read about it in the Houston Press Food Blog. Since it was just up I-45 from me I dropped in. Even at 10 o'clock it was busy. This is the chips and salsa. The salsa was warm and I did not care for it.
Below is the accompaniments for my breakfast. Chopped onions, cilantro and jalapenos. You can probably guess what I got
Why menudo of course. Nice spicy broth that I enhanced with onions and jalapeno. No honeycomb tripe but plenty of the other stomachs. Very clean and tender with only a slight chew. A few kernels of posole lay in the bottom. I was informed I could get a side cup of posole by just asking. All in all I was well pleased. Also here you can get a small bowl which I was in the mood for.



No comments: