Monday, November 29, 2010

Pho Tien 4415 Nelson Rd Lake Charles, LA 70605-4135 (337) 477-8556

It has been awhile since I have eaten but it is still one of my favorites. I started off as I usually start off with steamed dumplings. Both the dumplings and dipping sauce seem different. I am not too sure I care for them.
I got one of the pho. I ordered meatball and soon regretted it. They were like rubber balls although the soup and noodles were great. I had never had the meatballs so I was game for them. The add in which I use all except the raw jalapenos. I just cannot go that route
I also got a banh mi. Basically a po boy type sandwich. I got the grilled pork. While the meat was great what make this sandwich is the pickled vegetables (carrot and daikon) along with the crusty bread. I wish they made the version that has pate and pork meatballs. Can't have everything so enjoy what you have.





2 comments:

Celeste said...

I only dined at Pho Tien once, but it was a decent experience. Everyone else in the place seemed to be ordering chinese food(?), so that was a bit odd.

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

I am sure there are better but this is the only one in Lake Charles. Most Vietnamese restaurants that I have encountered offer Chinese dishes so the Americans can order something familiar.