Friday, March 5, 2010

Izzo's Illegal Burrito Lenten specials

I was invited by the co owner via e-mail to try the specials. They both sounded pretty good and I did try them. One is a Baja Fish Taco with Crispy Fried seasoned Catfish with a Chipotle Remoulade Slaw and Fresh Cilantro. Both are served in a warmed flour tortilla. This one almost had too much cilantro for me. So if cilantro is your enemy tell them. The slaw could have been a bit more crunchy but the flavors were spot on. A nice smoky note that complimented the fish.


The other is a Cabo Shrimp Taco with Fried Shrimp tossed in a nicely balanced Honey Habanero Sauce with Romaine Lettuce, Pico de Gallo, and Shredded Cheese. I enjoyed this a bit more. The heat which built as I ate never exceeded my limit and the honey added an underlining sweetness I like. This one had a bit more crunch and the cheese help easy the bite

They are 7.99 for two. However they let me have one fish and one shrimp for the same price. These are well thought out options and the execution was good also. I will probably return for an encore before lent's end because they will be gone after that. I hope they come up with other specials for holidays. I wonder what a St Patty item would be like.

No comments: