Friday, September 23, 2011

Bella Figura 2207-I Kaliste Saloom Road Lafayette, LA 70508-6671 (337) 216-6660

Another high end Italian in Lafayette. It was good but I prefer I Monelli. One nice thing here is they ask you if what white or wheat baguette. I went with wheat which turned out to be a multigrain half baguette. I know it is par baked but still delicious.



Below is the dipping sauce of olive oil and balsamic. Why the shredded parmesan beats me


Next comes the Arancini Riso. Crisp golden risotto balls stuffed with spinach & Italian cheeses, lightly battered and flash fried with homemade tomato sauce . I love this dish. The balls were not quite the size of oranges and lacked the peas I am use to but they were good as was the marinara sauce under it. Obviously freshly cooked but not over cooked.

I then had a Pear and Gorgonzola salad with Mixed Greens, Spiced Pecan and an Herbed
Cane Vinaigrette. Very nice especially the vinaigrette which was both sweet and tart

Now the big gun a Braised Pork Shank . Slow-Cooked Pork Shank served with Spicy
Italian Polenta and topped with a Chipotle au jus. They also surrounded it with the cooked vegetables. It is basically a pork osso buco. The meat very tender and the chipotle sauce adding just the right. Under it one the best polenta dishes I have eaten. Truly a masterpiece.

The creme brulee had the perfect crust but the custard was too thin and over cooked

Bella Figura























Posted by Picasa

No comments: