Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mama Rosa Lunch

I was all set for Arranchni but the fryer was down. So I made do with the following. Bruschetta (grilled Italian ciabatta bread with chopped tomatoes, olives and Mama Rosa’s dressing) with a little fresh mozzarella on top. Superb. The dressing soaked into the bread and made it delicious
The combination of the sweet tomato and the salty olives makes this dish

I got the first thing I ate at Mama Rosa's when it was in a U shaped mall in DeRidder. A tuna sub done Provencal style. As you can see it is a veritable garden with no mayonnaise. It tasted as delicious as the first one I had years ago. It contains lettuce, cukes, tomato, olives, onion and Mama's olive oil dressing.

As usual no Tiramisu since it was sold out. So I got the cannoli. It was ok. Sweeten ricotta freshly piped into a fried shell with candied cherries on the ends.



Please remember things here are done a la minute (when you order them). So do not come here in a hurry. If you are in a hurry she has a small buffet that she offers. Again it is not all you can eat. I am there for the food so I make sure I have the time


No comments: