Friday, February 6, 2009

Pho Tien

I needed to make a run to Sam's. I went from work hoping to get a cart. No go they were all taken and an half hour sitting there did not produce one. A bit peckish and on that side of town the answer of course is Pho Tien. Below is the Imperial Rolls. A fried roll with pork, mushrooms, and rice vermicelli inside. You wrap it in lettuce leaves and cilantro (unless like me cilantro tastes like soap) and dip in the Nuoc Cham. My niece's are a lot better but these will do

I then went with Bun. This is the dish that my half Vietnamese niece introduced to my sister and me. I usually go with the special. You get an Imperial Roll, couple of grilled shrimp and a mountain of grilled pork topped by chopped peanuts. That sits on rice vermicelli noodles with cilantro, pickled carrot, pickled radish, bean sprouts and chopped lettuce on the side. I would prefer some other herbs like basil and mint. The way I eat this is to dump the Nuoc Cham on everything and then mix it all up and go at it. It is light and refreshing with plenty of flavors I love. The whole sweet, salty, spicy and tangy thing.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the recommendation! My husband and I enjoy every chance we get to try ethnic food, but haven't found much variety in Lake Charles. We went here on Saturday night and enjoyed the food very much. We tried the pad thai, green curry and lemongrass beef. I didn't know that Lake Charles had such a good Vietnamese venue! We will be back soon for more I'm sure. - Thanks again!