Friday, December 5, 2008

True Mexican House

Sorry I have not posted in awhile but a combination of a heavy work load at the restaurant and vehicle problems left me little incentive for posting. While neither will be going away soon I have sorta got a handle on it now. I receive a fax of the plate lunch specials for the month of December. Now for a little plug for this place.

Monday Chicken in Peanut Sauce
Tuesday Pork in Salsa Verde (tomatillo and cilantro)
Wednesday Beef Fajitas (her special recipe)
Thursday Spicy BBQ Ribs
Friday Pork with squash, corn and Poblano peppers

Below is the Friday menu. The pork is loin very tender and flavorful ( I personally would have prefers shoulder) cooked with zucchini (I was hoping for winter squash) , corn and peppers. While not super spicy it was tasty with a backnote of spice. I am really like her version of refried beans and mexican rice. Probably the best rice in town at this point

She went to Mexico the last two weeks of November and she came back with some candies. She gave me a dulche de leche which was ok. I bought the two below. The caramelized goat milk one on the left was between two wafers and wonderful. The one on the right was tamrind pulp with seed that had sugar and pepper flakes added to it. Sweet, spicy and tart all at the same time. If you get watch out for the seed.


I will probably be trying some more of the plate lunches so be on the lookout.

No comments: