Monday, June 27, 2011

Steamboat Warehouse 525 North Main Street Washington, Louisiana 70589 337) 826-7227

I have heard of this place for years and have wanted to go there as long. My Bargain Bee voucher prompted me to do that. Below is the Steamboat Seafood Gumbo - Fresh seafood and okra using Louisiana white crabmeat, shrimp and crawfish. It was wonderful just the way I like it. Thin broth with a dark roux but just not enough to satisfy at the price.

Sidesaddle Angels - Four jumbo shrimp stuffed with oysters, wrapped in applewood smoked bacon, Broiled golden, served with our house remoulade. Gold Medal winner! Again nice flavors but the oysters were so small I could not find them on my first shrimp. Again a little for a lot of money.
Salad from a bag
Sauce Diane in this Establishment is a creamy seafood sauce that you can get extra. It was ok.
Softshell Crabs deep fried. They used to pan fry them which I would have preferred. I got two perfectly fried crabs, some honey glazed carrots and smothered potatoes. It was good but not outstanding.
The feeling that I got here was that they are living on their reputation and coasting. The wait staff was lackadaisical, portions skimpy, and things on the menu not available especially the desserts. Asking what the homemade dessert of the day was got the response "We don't do that anymore" Asking for bread pudding "out of it". The rest of the dessert menu obviously pre -fabricated cheesecake I declined.

Steamboat Warehouse








No comments: