Monday, May 10, 2010

Chili's Lunch

I was hungry for a burger and the handicap spaces at Chili's were open so I pulled in. I started with what is becoming my usual. A cup of chili with accompaniments. Jalapeno slices, sour cream and red onion. All the sour cream and onions go in. The jalapeno slices I add one at a time to suit my heat level



It comes with some shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar. Stir all up and enjoy



Below is a new menu item. Mini or street style tacos. You have a chose of four types and can do a combo of two types. Also you can chose between corn and flour tortilla. I chose corn. Do not expect tex-mex fried shells. This is done on fresh griddled corn tortilla. You also get some pickled red onion to add on them and some decent black beans and rice pilaf. This was about $9. You get two per type
I had a combo and went with Crispy Chicken with applewood smoked bacon, house-made pico de gallo, cheese, honey-chipotle and ranch dressing . That is on the right. The other side is Crispy Shrimp with spicy cole slaw and tequila lime sauce. Topped with cilantro. The closest thing I have eaten that even resembles a decent fish taco. I will be back for to tryout the other options.

No comments: