Monday, November 23, 2009

Pappy's

I happened to be across the street and the front parking area fairly empty so I took advantage of that and had lunch. First of all a great chicken and sausage gumbo with potato salad and garlic bread. While a tad greasy the dark roux and broth held good spicy flavor

I also ordered the Shrimp Remoulade po boy. It is a white remoulade with what seems to be a mixture of mayonnaise, yellow mustard and a little grain mustard. The small shrimp is soaked in it. Shredded lettuce and sliced tomato finish it. The bread is decent and seems to have been baked to give it a nice crust before the sandwich comes out

I ordered a side of fried onions. They were medium cut and floured which made them perfect in my eyes. A little salt and pepper brought the flavor I love.





No comments: