Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chicken Sauce Piquant (Donald Link)

This is a half recipe of it. I bought what I thought was boneless thighs. They were of course bone in. I hate to waste so you might see some denuded thigh bones in this. I took them out at the end and ate them as a cooks treat.

Below is the ingredients
Mise en place with spices mixed and tossed with the chicken then the flour added and tossed

The chicken pieces frying.
The flour not incorporated in the chicken is used to make a roux after the chicken has fried and been remover. Then the onion, garlic, and poblano put in for a saute.

The fresh and canned tomatoes and herbs added in

The chicken broth and herbs follow

The final product after 40 minutes of simmering


My plate. I have never done sauce piquant. I like this recipe because of the seasoning and flouring of the chicken pieces. This gives them a nice spice bite along with a little crispy texture. This spice plus the hot sauce flavors the gravy. Mine came out a little thicker and I left it that way for the time being. If I want it thinner I will add some stock

2 comments:

RouxBDoo said...

I am planning on making Link's recipe for sauce piquant, but using alligator instead of chicken.

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

Sounds good. That is a common variation here and especially in Cameron. The season for gator is upon us. You know what they say about gator tale. It taste like chicken.