Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cafe Ahnvee 610 East Kaliste Saloom Road, Lafayette, LA 70508-2545 (337) 234-4647

Having had my meze I went here for the main event. Below is seafood gumbo. The rice was hard and the stock had what I assume was their house seasoning. I did not like it and hardly ate a few bits. It forebode the whole meal.
next up the Shrimp & Crab Boulettes Shrimp and Crab blended in a seasoned stuffing, lightly floured and deep fried. Served with Remoulade Sauce. The fry job was great but the interior was just too wet and mushy for my taste. I only took a couple of bites and I was finished. Sauce was fine
Grilled Shrimp Plate Large gulf shrimp grilled and served with your choice of side. I chose shrimp and eggplant dressing. Again encounter the house spice but the grilling had tamed it enough so that I could enjoy the shrimp. The dressing was excellent. Here is the funny part. The consistency of this was the same as the interior of the boullettes which I did not care for. But as a stand alone I loved it. The flavor was great and the consistency what I expected. I just do not expect interiors of fired things to be mushy.
Dessert was a cupcake as they did not have any of the desserts on the menu. A peanut butter cup flavor agreed with me. The size was also good.

No comments: