Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rositas 2401 East Napoleon Street Sulphur, LA 70663 - (337) 533-9077

Back again to try and get the Coctel with all the seafood not just shrimp. Failure again but I found out when to go for it. I got what I now consider my appetizer. Tostada de Ceviche de Cameron. A flat crispy tortilla layered with mayonnaise and shrimp cooked in lemon juice and mixed with pico de gallo and topped with lettuce and avocado. Delicious as usual. I tried something different which was Mojarra Frita whole tilapia fish special seasoned and fried. The owner talked me into getting it with the chipotle spiced onions on top. I loved it. The seasoning on the fish was very tasty and quite unusual. I suspect cumin was in it. I love whole fried fish which I seldom eat these days. In my youth I knew fishermen and attended many a fish fry with small whole fried fish. I am a bone picker from way back.

No comments: