Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Burgers in Houston

Back in July Groupon had a number of inexpensive burger offers.  I took them up on three of them in Houston.  I did a one day run and did all three.  
Cliff's Grill

I do not have photos of the burger here.  It is situated on the bottom floor of one of the medical towers in the medical center on Main.  By the time I figured out where to park in the garage I was so frustrated that I forgot the camera and did not feel like returning to get it.  What I got was the Murphy Burger beef patty, grilled onions, bacon, cheddar cheese and hickory sauce 
The bun was pretty standard and the burger satisfied.  Just the right amount of sauce.  Recommend it if you can get to it

Bernie's Burger Bus
I went with The Principal.   Traditional approach to the classic American burger with mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, pickle, thin sliced onions, shredded lettuce, and slow roasted garlic tomatoes
Electives: Texas Cheddar • Bacon • Bernie’s Caramelized “Tipsy” Onions.  I cut the pickle, onions, lettuce and added all the electives.  As you see below pretty messy but a treat.  The garlic tomatoes really added to the overall flavor and the electives made for a type of burger I love.  I highly recommend but you have to find it.  Consult the web site



Chelsea Grill
The Ginger Carrot Soup here was delicious.  I love both and they delivered.  Sweetness from the carrots and snap from the ginger kept it interesting all the way through.
The Texas Bacon Cheese Burger contained Hickory Smoked Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Fried Red Onion Rings & Hickory BBQ Sauce.  I could have done with a little less sauce.  The side of shoestring potatoes in white and sweet were a nice touch and delicious.  The bun was a sweet sourdough and stood up to the messy burger.  I like this place so much I just purchase another groupon for it and I am looking forward to a return visit


Posted by Picasa

No comments: