Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wendy's

As usual I had a coupon. I had missed the free fries because I just forgot I had them. This one was for the Asiago Ranch chicken club. You might think as I did that the Asiago was in the dressing, not so. The all-white meat chicken fillets topped with thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon, natural-aged Asiago cheese, creamy ranch sauce, hand-leafed lettuce, and hand-chopped tomatoes came on Kaiser like roll. Wendy's stuff is usually pretty good and this was no exception. I choose Homestyle fried although you can get grilled or Spicy fried. It was a nice gestalt. Crispy chicken crust, moist interior, smoky bacon and cheesy nutty Asiago.

The fries do not live up to the hoopla except it is more like fast food fries of the past in that you can taste the salt unlike a lot of places these day. Being cut skin on added nothing as far as I was concerned. They went down hill fast as they cooled






No comments: