Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Huddle Up 1103 W Prien Lake Lake Charles, LA 70601 (337) 656-2905

I really like this place and it's owner.  He keeps putting out Bargain Bees and I keep coming.  Below is a six piece bone in wings with his special sauce which is both sweet and spicy, my favorite.  He fries the chicken naked so you get the flavor of the sauce on the meat itself.
Rodeo Burger came next.  This is a new one.  A half-pound burger with lettuce, tomato, mayo,  Cheddar-Monterey Jack blend, BBQ sauce, & topped with fried onion rings.  Good concept but it failed a bit in the execution.  The patty was slightly overcooked but taste.  As is my wont these days I cut the lettuce and tomato.  The onion rings were fine but it was a bit light on the BBQ sauce.  I like curly cue fries and these were not exception.  I was good but it could have been great
This is a new dessert idea here.  The owner brought out some free samples for me.  Using his pizza dough and toppings for the bunt cake with streusel on top.  Below is raspberry and chocolate.  Good utilization of ingredients he already in house and not bad tasting

Posted by Picasa
Huddle Up

No comments: