Friday, October 23, 2009

Chili's

I had gotten a Chili's gift card for my birthday and used it last Friday. Like many chains I do not care for lots of the options but I generally find some good stuff. At Chili's it is the burgers. This is a Jalapeno Smokehouse Bacon Burger with extra thick-cut applewood smoked bacon topped with smoked cheddar cheese, crispy tortilla strips, jalapeƱos, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and onion. Served with jalapeƱo-ranch dressing. It was freaking outstanding. I do not say this lightly. Most burgers from chains recently have left me cold. The gestalt here was great. Everything complimented each other. As I grow older I like thing a little more spicy. This delivered. Not tongue sear but nice and warm.
Also I may have cracked the appetizer at Chili's. Most of them are enough for a table of eight. However this is just right. A cup of chili with all the fixings. They make very nice bowl of red here for a chain. I guess that is why it is called Chili's


White Chocolate Molten Cake Warm white chocolate cake with a white chocolate filling and berry sauce. Topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy white chocolate shell. This was not too bad. A little bigger than I think a dessert should be but not terrible. A one and halfer. It is sorta of a bundt cake with cake at the bottom of the hole. They fill the hole with white chocolate sauce and nuke. Then a scoop of ice cream over it and white chocolate shell over it. I normally do not care for ice cream with my dessert but the shell made all the difference.
The gift card took care of my meal and the 2 for 1 Mojito (which certainly made the afternoon nice) with me throwing in the tip. That reminds me of a pet peeve of mine. Servers do not squat down to take my order. I am not your master and you are not my slave. You are there to give me reasonable service not your allegiance

No comments: