Thursday, November 20, 2008

Famous Food

Thursday I pulled and made up my own plate lunch. I love their smoked turkey wings and this time they had a spicy/sweet rub on it that made even more favorable. I love wings in general because the give a good skin to meat ratio. These turkey wings run about 2 lbs. The excellent rice dressing (dirty rice) and potato salad rounded out the meal

I finished it with a Mrs Johnny's Pie. Operating out of a building just south of Kirkman on Alamo St I am always happy to find her pies. They tend to have more crust than filling but the crust is really excellent. They are more cakey than flaky. It reminds me of my aunt's sweet dough pies.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I AM FROM THE HOUSTON AREA AND I TOOK A TRIP TO LAKE CHARLES,LA. I CAME UPON MRS.JOHNNIES SWEET POTATO PIE AND I THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST.IS THERE A WEB SITE TO ORDER THESE PIES?

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

I do not think so. Here is a link to a blog entry about them
http://swlaeats.blogspot.com/2009/01/mrs-johnnies-pies.html
I cannot find a phone number for them

Arthur "The Bear" Hebert said...

I found a phone number. 337-439-0039.