Sunday, August 24, 2008

El Tapatio

My most favorite Mexican restaurant in the city and my second favorite meal here. Helps that they are just around the corner. The so called appetizers here are enough for a meal. I have resorted to ordering a Chile Relleno a la carte. It is great and simple. A poblano pepper with just white cheese in it, oaxaca I think. Dipped in a egg white batter and fried. Served with a simple tomato sauce. Fresh and delicious

I follow that with a Coctel de Camerone. Mind you this is a small. It is like a sweet and spicy gazpacho with about dozen 20-25 boiled shrimp, avocado slices and chopped raw Jalapeno pepper. It starts off mild but slowly build up the until I am sweating at the end but eating every spoonful



The tables and chairs are heavily decorated with rural scenes especially of the pina harvest. Nice friendly atmosphere. Be forewarned they have no liquor license although they are trying again to get one. Despite the fact they cannot serve alcohol the parking lot is jammed full at lunch and dinner time.

1 comment:

Theatre Geek said...

Definitely my favorite Mexican place, too!